This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you sign up or purchase products or services mentioned. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on March 4, 2023
Why is our first instinct to be hard on ourselves instead of kind? Why is it second-nature to treat our friends with love and compassion, but so dang impossible to extend that same love and compassion inward–as self love?
Well, unlucky for us, this self-criticism is actually ingrained in our biology. The role of self-criticism was originally meant to protect ourselves from dangerous repetitive behaviors and life-threatening errors.
From that lens, you’ve gotta admit self-criticism can be appreciated some of the time. But for so many of us, we exert self-criticism, like, everywhere in our lives. We feel inadequate because we said something “stupid.” We feel like a failure because we struggled with one job interview.
As I’m sure you’ve figured out, this makes practicing self love even more important than ever.
This is why I’ve created these 30 day self love affirmations to get you started on the right track to self love. Self love takes practice, intention, and effort. By intentionally working toward self love, you’re crushing negative self-talk and your inner critic in their tracks!
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that help you shift away from a negative mindset and into a positive one. They work by teaching you to challenge your inner critic and its negative dialogue.
When you make an intentional effort to replace your negative self-talk with positive self-talk, it will eventually become second nature.
Studies have shown that practicing positive affirmations really can re-wire your brain activity and make this positive self-talk become a habit. These 30 day self love affirmations are a great place to start!
Do affirmations help with self-love?
Affirmations can absolutely help you develop self-love as they boost your confidence, strengthen your sense of self-worth, and change your mindset for the better.
If you’ve been struggling with low self-esteem or self-doubt, practicing affirmations can slowly begin to squash those negative thoughts and beliefs.
But here’s the thing: affirmations don’t create self-love overnight. Affirmations are only as effective as you make them, which only happens when you make them a regular habit. I’ll explain how to make these 30 day self love affirmations a regular habit at the end of this post!
I also like using affirmation cards like these to help with my self love journey too! Sometimes, it’s just a matter of finding the tools and tricks that work for you.
What are some affirmations for self-love?
This blog post outlines some of the best affirmations for self love to practice each day for 30 days! (Of course, to make a true impact in your life, you’ll want to carry on with the habit. But this 30 day plan will help you get into the groove!)
These 30 day self love affirmations are broken up into 10-day sections:
- Affirmations for Self Love and Healing
- Gratitude Affirmations for Self Love
- Affirmations for Self Love and Worth
These sections will help you narrow your focus and really hone in on every area of self love. So if you’re ready to experience self love in its entirety, keep reading!
30 Day Self Love Affirmations to Boost Your Confidence
As you browse through these 30 day self love affirmations, focus on one affirmation each day. Hold it close to you, fully absorb the meaning of it, and let it guide your day in a positive way. You can even reflect on it further by using it as a journal prompt!
Affirmations for Self Love and Healing: Days 1-10
- I am not broken, I am whole.
- I hold the power within myself to fully heal.
- My past trauma does not define me.
- I strive to forgive because forgiveness is freeing for me.
- I accept myself just as I am.
- I am allowed to be a work in progress.
- Each day is one step closer to healing.
- I hold the ability to overcome any setback.
- I am safe, at ease, and in control.
- I choose to be kind to myself throughout the healing process.
Gratitude Affirmations for Self Love: Days 11-20
- I feel gratitude for all good things in my life, no matter how small.
- I am grateful to have gotten myself through every trial and tribulation.
- I am grateful for my resilience.
- I am grateful for what my body does for me.
- I am grateful for the life I’ve made for myself.
- I am grateful for my perseverance despite what I’ve been through.
- I am grateful for all the good qualities I bring to the people in my life.
- I am grateful for all of my accomplishments, big and small.
- I am grateful for all the wisdom and knowledge I’ve gained.
- I am grateful for the person I am.
Want to become your most confident self? Grab my affirmation cards!
Lucky Girl Syndrome: The belief that you are the luckiest girl in the world, thus creating a mindset where good things come to you easily, always.
This deck of 32 affirmation cards based on “lucky girl syndrome” will help you…
Affirmations for Self Love and Worth: Days 21-30
- I am worthy of love.
- I am worthy of experiencing and attracting good things.
- My self worth is not tied to my work or how productive I am.
- I am worthy of celebrating myself and who I am.
- I am worthy of treating myself with kindness and compassion.
- I am worthy of asserting my boundaries and being firm with them.
- I am worthy of having high standards for the treatment I receive from others.
- I am worthy of success, accomplishments, and feeling proud of myself.
- I am worthy of a strong support system.
- I am worthy of a rich, fulfilling life that makes me feel happy.
Is self love something you struggle with? Affirmations are a fantastic first step, but you’ll find the most benefit when paired with therapy. Therapy has made a tremendous difference in my own self esteem. I always recommend Online Therapy because it’s a comprehensive, effective online therapy toolkit at an affordable monthly cost. Get 20% off your first month at the link below!
How to Use Self Love Affirmations
As I said before, affirmations are the most effective when practiced regularly. Working them into your daily routine will help you see a noticeable difference in your feelings of self-worth, mood, and confidence.
Here are a few tips to use these 30 day self love affirmations and get the most out of them!
- Focus on one positive affirmation each day (this list of 30 day self love affirmations makes that easy for you!) and speak, read, or write it as you fully absorb the message.
- Habit-stack your affirmations. This means pairing the practice of affirmations with something you already do each day. If you’re a coffee drinker, write your affirmation down and reflect on it as you sip your coffee.
- Keep a list of your favorite affirmations handy. You can choose 3-5 from this list of 30 day self love affirmations that really resonate with you. Read the list often, and keep it somewhere you’ll see it frequently!