21 Affirmations for Setting Boundaries That Best Serve You
Last Updated on October 27, 2022
Question for my people pleasers: do you struggle to enforce good boundaries? Ever feel obligated to fill others’ cups before filling your own? Neglect your wellbeing in order to serve others? Then you’ll want to read these affirmations for boundaries!
If that sounds like you, you’re not alone! Many of us could use the reminder that we deserve to protect our time, energy, and resources. You’re allowed to put yourself first without feeling guilty about it. That’s exactly what these affirmations for boundaries are for. They’re here to help you be firm, confident, and assertive with your boundaries.
But even knowing what boundaries to set in the first place can be a challenge (if you need help figuring out the best boundaries for you, definitely read my journal prompts for boundaries!). Once you have your boundaries figured out, however, you’ll feel even more confident in staying true to them because you’re hyper-aware of your needs.
If you’re ready to create a peaceful, balanced life, look no further than these affirmations for boundaries!
21 Affirmations for Setting Better Boundaries
- I deserve to find exactly what my boundaries are and enforce them guilt-free.
- Even if I don’t know my boundaries yet, each day will bring me closer to clarity in identifying them.
- I have the right to stand firm on my boundaries.
- I have the right to choose the best boundaries for MY life, even if they look different from others’.
- I am allowed to protect and preserve my energy.
- Everyone has different thresholds, and it’s okay if I need to say “no” more than others.
- My time, energy, and resources are valuable, so they’re worth protecting.
- My boundaries are an act of self-respect and self-love.
- I won’t let others persuade me into giving up my boundaries.
- I’m allowed to be choosy of who or what I allow into my life.
- I feel comfortable being assertive.
Like positive affirmations? Get them as cards!
A physical reminder of positive vibes is even more effective for helping you stay grounded! Grab this deck of 40 printable affirmation cards and bring your affirmations to life. Use them as journal prompts, stick ‘em on your mirror for an everyday reminder, or get creative and turn them into a vision board or collage on your wall!
- I choose boundaries that reflect my core values and what is most important to me in life.
- The more I practice enforcing my boundaries, the easier the process will become.
- My boundaries can change and grow right along with me.
- I am soaking up the comfort and safety that I get from enforcing a boundary.
- It’s too bad if others expect more out of me than I can give, but it’s not my responsibility to manage their expectations. I come first.
- Having clear boundaries takes the guesswork out of whether or not I should enforce them.
- I am sensitive to others’ boundaries and I respect them just as I expect the same in return.
- It’s easy for me to stand my ground with my boundaries.
- It feels rewarding to honor myself by honoring my boundaries.
- Getting serious about my boundaries is a huge sign of my growth as a person.
Choose your favorite mantra for boundaries, write it down on a sticky note, and stick it somewhere you’ll see it everyday! Setting boundaries are known to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health, so make them a priority!
More Affirmations You’ll Love
45 Mindfulness Affirmations to Immerse Yourself in the Present
114 Empowering Affirmations for Letting Go
75 Affirmations for Mental Strength to Encourage You
250 Peaceful Affirmations for Overthinking