55 Summer Affirmations for a Burst of Inner Sunshine
Last Updated on May 24, 2023
There’s no time like summer to tap into your sense of adventure, confidence, and self-discovery! You do not want late August to roll around only to realize you totally missed your window of opportunity for summer fun and memory making. Don’t let that be you! We want to make sure we’re feeling our best and making the most of our summer.
These summer affirmations will make sure that doesn’t happen! By practicing these, you’re making the conscious effort to be more mindful and present about the summer time and your intentions for it.
The goal is to soak up every warm summer day and live it to your fullest! That’s why in these affirmations, you’ll find encouraging words to boost your confidence (hot girl summer, anyone? 😄), capitalize on your summer freedom, and experience all the joy that comes with the warm season.
How To Use Summer Affirmations
Summer affirmations are all about setting positive intentions for the season, allowing you to lean into the joy and inspiration summer has to offer. To get the most out of these affirmations, here’s some tips on how to use them effectively:
- Identify your intention – honestly, any time you step into a new season, it’s a good idea to pause and reflect on what you want out of the next few months. Do you want to get out more and explore beyond your regular day-to-day life? Are you overwhelmed and need to give yourself space to slow down? Decide on your primary intention for the summer and focus on the affirmations that align with it.
- Narrow down the affirmations that speak to you most – this list has 55 summer affirmations, which is a lot to choose from! Do not worry about focusing on every single one. Go through the list and take note of which affirmations resonate most, or give you what you need to hear right now.
- Write the affirmations down – I recommend writing down your top 5 affirmations from this list in a journal. The act of writing something down makes it more impactful than simply reading it. You can also turn back to the journal page throughout the summer for a consistent reminder!
- Visualize and immerse yourself in the affirmation – Visualization practices are incredibly powerful in psychology. If you struggle with the need for control, for example, focus on an affirmation like “I accept what I can’t control.” Close your eyes and think deeply about what this really means for you. Imagine yourself being faced with something stressful, letting out a big exhale, and releasing the tension from your shoulders as you choose to accept that you cannot control the situation.
Above all else, you need to truly connect with the intention, emotion, and energy behind an affirmation in order for it to sink in.
Affirmations are intended to retrain your brain to choose positive self-talk over negative. The more deeply you immerse yourself in an affirmation, the better a chance it has to shift your mindset in this way.
55 Summer Affirmations for a Summer of Self Love
Don’t forget about these summer affirmations! Make sure to pin ‘em for later!
Daily Summer Affirmations
Feel your very best every day of the summer season with these daily summer affirmations! These will energize you, remind you to prioritize yourself, and inspire you to make this summer the best one yet.
- I feel energized by the changing seasons.
- I will make time for myself.
- This summer is like a breath of fresh air for me.
- A new season always gives me the chance for new beginnings.
- I will lean into the warmth and positivity that summer brings.
- I will be able to look back on my summer and feel happy with how I spent my time (get ideas from this list of 150 most exciting summer activities to add to your plans!!)
- I will take care of my mental and physical health.
- I will nudge myself to step out of my comfort zone.
- I will make time for rest when I recognize I need it.
- I will check in with myself regularly to avoid any negative feelings or burnout.
- I get to nourish my body and mind.
- Summer brings me happiness, peace, and feelings of ease.
- I commit to being grounded in the present moment throughout each summer day.
- I encourage myself to try new things.
- I commit to reframing negative thoughts into positive ones.
- I won’t be afraid to set the boundaries I deserve.
- I will make myself feel good by spending more time outdoors and in nature.
- I will give my mind a break when it is feeling overwhelmed.
- I release what I can’t control.
- I will make sure that I am regularly checking in with myself.
- I am able to handle everything on my plate right now.
- If I find myself in a rough patch, I take comfort in knowing that I will always make it through.
- I don’t need to look at things in such huge chunks. I can take things day by day.
- I am exactly where I am supposed to be in this season of my life.
- I allow myself time for play and fun. My inner child will thank me.
- I deserve to live a full life that makes me content.
- I am a work in progress and that is okay.
- I practice balance in my life without holding myself to harsh or unrealistic expectations.
RELATED: 40 Motivating Summer Goals You’ll Want to Set This Year
Hot Girl Summer Affirmations
What is hot girl summer? The true essence of hot girl summer can be summed up as “the mentality of going breezily about one’s own business regardless of what anyone else might think.”
Basically, you approach summer with the commitment to being unapologetically yourself. You live your life to the fullest. You don’t let others sway you to deviate from your truest, most authentic self! That’s exactly the type of mindset these hot girl summer affirmations are here to help you manifest.
- I will prioritize myself.
- My dreams deserve to be chased this summer.
- I will live my life to the fullest and take advantage of every summer moment.
- I will make time for things I enjoy this summer, rather than getting carried away with work.
- I am stepping into the new season with an open mind, attracting opportunities.
- I will nurture my social life because I deserve strong social connections.
- I won’t be afraid to put myself first.
- I am excited to explore my self-discovery on a deeper level. I’m super interesting! (use these juicy, fascinating journal prompts to get to know yourself more!)
- I plan to get to know myself more thoroughly than ever before.
- I am eager to learn new things about myself and strengthen my sense of self.
- I am motivated and enthusiastic about what summer has in store for me.
- I am strong, confident, and powerful.
- I am doing a good job in every part of my life right now.
- I get to pursue all the goals I care about.
- I am beaming with positive energy.
- I am so very lucky and good things come to me with ease.
Affirmations like these are even better as visual reminders!
Lucky Girl Syndrome: The belief that you are the luckiest girl in the world, thus creating a mindset where good things come to you easily, always.
This deck of 32 affirmation cards based on “lucky girl syndrome” will help you…
- I give myself permission and encouragement to celebrate ALL my wins, no matter how small.
- I will not stand in my own way.
- I will lean into my sense of adventure and explore the things I thought I’d never do this summer.
- I am allowed to fully express myself in any way I please.
- I will not limit myself from doing what I love most.
- I am my #1 supporter.
- I am beautiful, admirable, and feel confidence in knowing exactly who I am.
- I will achieve amazing things.
- I am radiating with enthusiasm and passion.
- I’ve got it all and I am so in love with everything I’ve gained in my life.
- The right people can immediately detect my positive, happy, warm energy and they gravitate toward me.
RELATED: 30 Day Self Love Affirmations to Bump Up the Confidence
Let these summer affirmations serve as a positive reminder that you have the power to make this summer one to remember. You can make time for the things you love to do. You can go on all the adventures you’ve been dreaming about. Don’t let it pass you by!
Cheers to the best summer ever!
More Summer Ideas You Don’t Want to Miss
150 Most Exciting Summer Activities For Adults
40 Motivating Summer Goals You’ll Want to Set This Year
The Perfect (and Do-able!) Self Love Bucket List
What to Write When Bored: 80 Super Interesting Ideas