Last Updated on August 3, 2022
Think for a minute: what does your self talk usually consist of? Does your inner-dialogue have an uplifting, positive, confident tone? Or does it tend to sway more negative, doubtful, and pessimistic? The way we talk to and affirm ourselves matters, so be sure you’re making use of positive affirmations and motivation in your self-talk.
Having a positive mindset is so important, as is the way you view yourself. And usually, as sad as it is to say, we’re our own worst critic. But of all people we could use support from, we should be our #1 fan!! We have to learn to love ourselves, since we’re the ones that have to live with ourselves.
If you’re looking to spark your motivation and develop stronger self confidence, then motivational affirmations like the ones on this list can surely help!
FEATURED JOURNAL: THE MENTAL HEALTH JOURNAL
This post is all about positive affirmations for motivation.
How do positive affirmations work?
It can feel a little silly or awkward to begin saying positive affirmations if it’s not something you’re used to or if you think negatively about yourself. But positive thinking is quite powerful in shaping our mindset and re-training our inner dialogue to default to positive messages rather than negative!
If you get into the habit of replacing your negative thoughts with positive ones, it will soon become second nature and as a result, will improve your overall self confidence and the way you view your capabilities.
Positive affirmations are a great way to practice self care! Make sure you’re getting the self care you deserve by checking in with yourself regularly. Grab my (free!) daily self care check in sheet below to make it a habit!
Benefits of Daily Positive Affirmations
Research shows that speaking positive affirmations to yourself daily can better your mindset, improve motivation, and increase feelings of self worth.
But positive affirmations work best when you truly believe what you’re saying, or can at least begin to get on board with what you’re saying. It’s a bit of a baby-step process, but ideally your positive affirmations should align with your core beliefs about yourself.
So with that in mind, positive affirmations give you the chance to reflect on the fantastic qualities that make you you! And if there’s anything you’d like to work toward believing about yourself, you can introduce it slowly in time into your daily positive affirmations.
Overall, this will help improve your overall self-esteem and put you in a positive headspace.
Different Ways to Implement Daily Affirmations
A great first step is to begin including positive affirmations into your everyday routine. There’s two ways people often do this: through journaling or meditating.
Personally, I aim to meditate every morning. And to prevent my mind from racing all over the place (as our minds just love to do when we attempt to meditate), I like to repeat positive affirmations to myself to give me strength and motivation for the day. It sets me off on the right track and truly is so motivating!
If you’re ready to experience the power of positive affirmations for yourself, then let’s dive into these daily positive affirmations for motivation and self confidence!
35 Daily Positive Affirmations to Improve Motivation
- I’m exactly where I need to be right now.
- I love and accept myself exactly the way I am today.
- I am on the way to achieving greatness.
- I have everything I need to achieve everything I want.
- Each new day is a day closer to achieving my goals.
- I am confident.
- I am capable.
- I am powerful.
- I am successful at what I do.
- I am getting better and better every day.
- I am calm, cool, and collected.
- I trust myself to make the right decision. I have the tools and abilities that I need to do so.
- I don’t need external validation for my decisions.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am deserving of success.
- The journey I’m on will be worth it.
- I can do everything I set my mind to.
- I may make mistakes, but I can recover and keep going.
- I don’t experience failures, only setbacks.
- All I need is within me right now.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
- I am thankful for everything I have.
- I approach challenges fearlessly.
- My dream life is out there waiting for me.
- Whatever struggle I’m facing shall pass.
- I move forward each day on a track of healing and self-improvement.
- I wake up motivated.
- I am learning valuable lessons within myself every day.
- My life is full of abundance and happiness.
- I believe in my purpose.
- I have adequate energy to make a small step toward improvement every day.
- I’ve gone through hard times before, and I can overcome them again.
- I am living with abundance.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and unhelpful actions.
- I have the tools to solve any challenge that life throws at me today.
- Positive change is already happening in the background, even if I don’t see it yet.
- I’ve come so far in so many ways.
- I’m freeing myself from anxiety and stress.
- I have a positive and inspiring impact on the people that come into contact with me.
- I am talented in my own unique ways.
- I’m proud of myself for all of my wins: both big and small.
- I am allowed to have big dreams and goals.
- I am just as capable at success as anyone else, and nothing will stop me.
- I will not be afraid.
- I’m rising above the thoughts that are trying to make me doubtful or fearful.
- I allow myself to be who I am, free of judgment, because that will lead to me being my happiest.
- I don’t let others’ thoughts or judgments affect me.
- I embrace challenges that help me grow and learn.
- Each day is a fresh new opportunity to make it the best.
- Not everything will be easy, but my goals are worth pursuing despite the challenges.
- I am getting better at this thing called life every day.
- I am breathing in strength and calm, and breathing out fear and self doubt.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
DON’T FORGET YOUR FREE DAILY SELF CARE CHECK IN SHEET!
This post was all about positive affirmations for motivation.
By including these daily positive affirmations for motivation into your morning routine, before bed, or whatever works best for you, you’ll give yourself the little boost of self confidence you need to believe in yourself and take on whatever challenges life throws at you!
You can give these affirmations a try while meditating, while journaling, or even by writing them down and posting them in a prominent place where you’ll get to refer to them often!