If you’re here because you’re determined to finally overcome the negative self-beliefs that hold you back from loving yourself, you’re in the right place.
For many of us, if we’re asked to name even 5 things we love about ourselves, we draw a blank. But it shouldn’t be this way. Rest assured that if self-love feels difficult right now, it doesn’t always have to be.
This list of 100 things to love about yourself might not fix your self-love overnight, but it will get the gears turning on all the amazing qualities worth loving yourself for.
This list may point out some traits that get you to realize “oh yeah, this is something great about myself that I’ve been overlooking.” Sometimes, we need to see positive examples of self-love to emulate it ourselves!
If you’re ready to kick self-doubt to the curb and celebrate how amazing you truly are, let’s dive in!
The Hard Truth About Self-Love
The reality is that self-love doesn’t come easy…for hardly anyone. So do not feel alone if it’s a struggle for you!
It’s a challenging process to accept, wholeheartedly, both the positive and negative parts of yourself. Especially when you consider all the negative core beliefs that have had years to manifest and deeply embed themselves into our self-concept.
Remember, however: we are ALL capable of achieving self-love. You are 100% worthy and capable of this. But it WILL take a lot of time and effort to break down negative self-beliefs and build your belief system back up with positive, empowering messages.
This takes a great deal of deep self-reflection, active work to overcome negative self talk, and acceptance of any imperfections. These 100 things to love about yourself can help!
What’s Self-Love for Yourself Really About?
First of all, what really is self-love, anyway? The Brain & Behavior Research Foundation describes self-love here as “a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological, and spiritual growth.”
This means that when you value and prioritize your well-being, you are essentially investing in yourself. One of the most important investments of all! Ensuring that your own needs are met before you serve the needs of others is a necessary act of self-love to help you thrive.
What Are 5 Ways to Love Yourself?
What does self-love look like in practice? Along with these 100 things to love about yourself, here are a few ways you can show yourself some much-needed love, respect, and compassion!
- Reframe negative self-talk into positive self-talk
- Prioritize yourself rather than sacrificing your needs for others
- Avoid people-pleasing
- Tune into your body when it tells you you need a break (and actually take one)
- Be gentle and forgiving of yourself when you make mistakes
Self-love, as opposed to self-care, is about meeting yourself where you are. Accepting yourself just as you come. While self-care and self-love are both very important, you can’t have one without the other. You need to love yourself unconditionally to have the mindset necessary to practice healthy self-care and self-improvement.
100 Things to Love About Yourself
If you don’t know what there is to love about yourself, this list of a whopping 100 things to love about yourself will help you recognize it! There are SO many ways to express self-love, and seeing examples can make it much clearer.
Don’t forget about these things to love about yourself! Pin ‘em to come back later!
Things to Love About Your Personality and Character Traits
- Your kindness toward everyone you meet.
- Your warm energy that lights up the room.
- Your empathy when others are struggling.
- Your patience during trying times.
- Your persistence even through the lowest of lows.
- Your resilience through all that you’ve been through.
- Your compassion for those you care about.
- Your open-mindedness to new perspectives.
- Your creativity to think in unique ways.
- Your determination to whatever you set your mind to.
- Your honesty.
- Your humility.
- Your sense of humor for silly things.
- Your generosity to people who need it.
- Your curiosity for all the interesting things in life.
- Your flexibility when working with others.
- Your loyalty to your friends, family, and loved ones.
- Your positivity in your outlook on life.
- Your adaptability through the curve balls thrown your way.
- Your self-discipline to stick to your goals.
- Your forgiveness even when it’s difficult.
- Your self-awareness and willingness to learn about yourself.
- Your courage even when it’s hard to be brave.
- Your inner strength that keeps you moving forward.
- Your integrity and authenticity.
- Your optimism that everything works out for you.
- Your passion for the things you love.
Things to Love About Yourself Physically
- Your beautiful smile.
- Your eyes that shine and express your feelings.
- Your flowing hair.
- Your perfect height.
- Your unique facial features.
- Your strong posture.
- Your glowing skin.
- Your lovely voice.
- Your strength and muscles.
- Your physical endurance.
- Your agility.
- Your natural beauty.
- The scars that show the story of your journey
- Your soft hands.
- Your sense of touch.
- Your sense of smell.
- Your sense of taste.
- Your sense of sight.
- Being able-bodied, if you are.
- Your body’s resilience.
- Your overall physical health.
- Your balance.
- Your energy.
- Your body’s ability to heal when hurt.
- Your body shape, no matter what it is.
- Your unique physique.
Is self-love still a work in progress? This journal is for you! Self-gratitude is the best first step toward confidence.
My printable gratitude journal has everything you need to develop life-changing positive habits that make self love easier!
With morning, evening, weekly, and monthly gratitude exercises, you’ll stay accountable! Jam-packed with thought-provoking journal prompts and activities to keep you focused and on track.
Things to Love About Your Accomplishments
- All of your wins, both big and small.
- Ticking everything off your to-do list.
- That feeling when you finally figure something out.
- The success of reaching a milestone or big goal you’ve had.
- Your educational achievements.
- Your professional achievements.
- Skills you’ve developed.
- How you’ve gotten more confident in your social skills.
- The challenges you thought you’d never overcome, but have.
- Acts of kindness you’ve done.
- Positive impacts you’ve made on others.
- Making friends and family feel cared for and safe with you.
- Awards you’ve received.
- Creative projects you’ve completed.
- Progress in your self-care and self-growth journey.
- Times you’ve stepped out of your comfort zone.
- Turning points of self-discovery.
- Times you’ve persevered despite hardship.
- Positive changes you’ve implemented in your personal life.
- Identifying something toxic and changing it/removing it from your life.
- Hobbies that have made you happy.
- All the times you’ve put a smile on someone’s face.
- Acts of generosity.
- Times you’ve offered a shoulder to cry on.
- Times you’ve instilled confidence in others.
Things to Love About Your Self-Growth
- Your emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Your self-acceptance even of the uncomfortable parts of yourself.
- Your ability to love and care deeply.
- Your intuition and gut feeling that’s guided you toward safety.
- Your ability to bounce back from setbacks.
- Your choice to use mistakes as learning opportunities.
- Your ability to adapt and change even when you didn’t think you could.
- Your emotional and mental stability over time.
- Your ability to see the silver lining.
- How you find joy in the little things.
- All the times you’ve been able to calm yourself down.
- How you’ve learned to self-soothe.
- Your courage in setting healthy boundaries.
- Improvements in your sense of self-worth.
- Getting closer to knowing who you truly are.
- Your ability to understand and analyze your thoughts and emotions.
- Your willingness to look into your past and learn why you do the things you do.
- Your ability to become more aware of and appreciate the present moment.
- Your inner wisdom.
- Your connection to spirituality, nature, or anything that guides you.
- How you’re practicing forgiveness toward yourself.
- Your fight to love yourself unconditionally.
10 Things I Like About Myself Examples
To make things more personal, I want to share with you a list of the things I genuinely, honestly love about myself. And just as I’ve been preaching, none of these came easy to me!
These examples come from years of self-reflection, finding myself, and growing confident in the person I am. (And don’t be fooled, I promise I still have my bad days too.) Of all these 100 things to love about yourself, I guarantee you can find at least 10 you agree with!
- I’m dedicated to my goals. When I have my sights set on something, I am in it for the long-haul, even if it takes a longgg time to see results.
- I am an intellectual. I love in-depth conversations where I analyze myself, human behavior, and the world around me. I also loved college.
- I will go above and beyond for my friends. I will never go weeks without texting you if we are close. I want you to feel like you can confide in me and depend on me.
- I am resourceful. I can figure a lot of things out for myself, using my resources, without needing to be walked through every little step.
- I don’t care about letting my goofy, silly side out. I’ve found that this enables me to make deeper, more genuine connections with others. It also weeds out the people that try too hard to be cool!
- I am great at articulating my thoughts and feelings. I’ve gotten this compliment a lot, even as a child, and I think it’s why I have a knack for writing and blogging!
- I care deeply for all animals. I think my maternal instinct skipped babies and went right to animals. I want to protect them all!
- I am responsible. I work so hard to ensure I am protected financially and where my safety is concerned.
- I walk my own path in life. Even if it deviates from the norm. I’m very self-aware of what works best for me and I chase it unapologetically.
- I’ve worked hard to sculpt a body I feel confident in. I weight lift consistently and transformed my eating habits to help me lose 40 pounds. I am proud of this!
Things I Love About Myself Worksheet
Try this FREE printable self love worksheet to take your first step toward greater self love! And because it’s super cute, it’s perfect to hang up on your wall for a daily reminder of all the things you love about yourself!
Click on the worksheet below to download it as a PDF and print away!
Let me know in the comments:
What’s Your Favorite Thing About Yourself?
Tell me which of these 100 things to love about yourself inspired you most!