This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you sign up or purchase products or services mentioned. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on August 7, 2022
When times get tough, you sometimes have no choice but to face your challenges head-on. We all encounter unpleasant obstacles throughout our lives. Having a resilient mind with a high stress tolerance is a useful goal to work toward for this reason.
But how exactly do you get there? The solution is simpler than you think, and it starts with positive affirmations.
By using the affirmations for mental strength in this post, you’re actively training your brain to opt for positive self talk rather than negative self talk. And having solid faith in yourself is half the battle when it comes to mental strength.
So whatever you may need a little extra support and confidence in, let these affirmations for mental strength get you through it all!
75 Affirmations For Mental Strength And Courage
These affirmations for mental strength will shift your mindset to a more positive place and instill self-belief in your abilities!
- No obstacle is too great for me.
- I am not mastered by anything.
- I welcome challenges because I know I can get through them.
- I am brave.
- I am strong and resilient.
- My past experiences and/or trauma does not define me.
- I can handle anything life throws at me.
- I have a great capacity for handling things in my life.
- I am exactly where I need to be right now.
- Everything that has happened to me has brought me to where I need to be.
- I believe in myself.
- I am capable of anything I set my mind to.
- I am proud of myself and my achievements.
- I will accomplish everything that’s on my plate.
- I support myself.
- I can get through hard things and not give up.
- I am patient.
- I always do my best and my best is enough.
- I can overcome my fears.
- I trust my intuition and follow it.
- Mistakes are okay because I am human.
- I accept my emotions and let them come and go as needed.
- I trust myself to make the right decisions.
- I am always doing the best with the resources I have.
- I have faith that I am headed in the right direction.
Like positive affirmations? Get them as cards!
A physical reminder of positive vibes is even more effective for improving your mindset! Grab this deck of 40 printable affirmation cards and bring these affirmations to life. Use them as journal prompts, stick ‘em on your mirror for an everyday reminder, or get creative and turn them into a vision board or collage on your wall!
- Good things take time and I accept that.
- Things are not good or bad, they just are.
- I am growing more and more each day.
- I nurture and prioritize my mental health.
- My ideas are worthy and useful.
- I love and accept myself unconditionally.
- I embrace change.
- Failures are only setbacks that I can learn from.
- I am firm in my core beliefs.
- I can tolerate discomfort.
- I can always find a way.
- I am a powerful person.
- I am very secure, calm, and collected.
- My mindset is a choice and something I have control over.
- Difficulties I face will only help me grow.
- Life lessons may be hard to learn, but they are worth knowing.
- I am prepared to face the challenges in my life.
- My inner strength brings me confidence.
- I can keep going.
- I am stronger than I feel.
- I can endure more than I think I can.
- I am so valuable.
- I am an exceptionally strong person.
- I know how to hold myself accountable.
- I don’t need to compare myself to others’ successes.
- I am doing things in my own way that is best for me.
- I am thriving.
- I am whole.
- I feel guided in life.
- I am happy, healthy, content, and peaceful.
Affirmations are a helpful coping tool, but you’ll find the most benefit for your mental health if you pair them with therapy. Talking to an online therapist can really help you out. It’s helped me tremendously! I always recommend Online Therapy because it’s a comprehensive, effective online therapy toolkit at an affordable monthly cost. Get 20% off your first month with the link below!
- I have infinite potential.
- I am self validated and do not need to seek external validation.
- I don’t need to prove anything to anyone.
- My view of myself is what matters most.
- I am working in alignment with my goals.
- Everything that is happening will benefit me in the long run.
- I can sit with uncertainty.
- I am giving myself the freedom to live free from others’ expectations.
- I deserve the very best.
- I am a work in progress and that is okay.
- I am courageous and self confident.
- I embody mental strength, physical strength, and emotional stability.
- I release any negative thoughts that drain me.
- So many opportunities are being sent my way.
- Life is a journey and I am able to navigate it.
- I am filled with positivity and optimism.
- I am letting go of all limiting beliefs.
- I won’t be held back by my fears.
- I release the need to overthink.
- I trust that what is meant for me will come.
How do positive affirmations work?
Positive affirmations work by strengthening our neural pathways. The more a pathway is used, the stronger it becomes.
The more you repeat a thought or action, the more it becomes hardwired into your brain. This means that the more you practice affirmations, the more positive self talk becomes second nature. Pretty cool, huh?
It’s just like a habit. When you incorporate a habit into your routine and do it consistently, you do it without even questioning it. Repeating these affirmations for mental strength regularly will eventually lead to your go-to thought processes being positive!
You’ll switch from catching yourself saying things like…
- “Lol whoops, that was dumb of me!”
- “I’m no good at that”
- “Oh god I’m so ugly”
- “I wish I could do that”
- “I’m doing pretty darn well!”
- “I have so many strengths”
- “I love myself!”
- “I could totally do that with enough practice”
How to use affirmations for mental strength
You can use positive affirmations any time you’re struggling with self doubt, just want to get a good start to your day, or to ease yourself after a long day of work.
You can write them in a journal or repeat them to yourself out loud. Whatever feels right to you, go with it!
Here are some examples of how to use affirmations for mental strength:
- For emotion regulation
- As part of your self care routine
- Instill confidence in yourself and your abilities
- Overcome challenges in your life
- To feel focused and grounded in the present moment
- Improve your mental health
What are affirmations for mental strength?
Positive affirmations, in general, are statements you can write or speak to cultivate a positive mindset. Affirmations for mental strength are of the same concept, but with the goal to encourage mental resilience and empower yourself.
They can help you feel calm, reassured, confident, and mentally healthy.
Do affirmations help mental health?
Yes, absolutely! Affirmations are known to help reinforce our strengths, address challenges, and encourage our brains to pump out the positive neurochemicals. All of these factors play a huge role in our mental health.
Many people struggle with low self-esteem more than they realize. By using affirmations for mental strength, you’re shifting your negative self-talk to become positive self-talk. By instilling belief in yourself and your abilities, you grow your mental strength and benefit from seeing the world through a brighter lens.
Final Thoughts on Affirmations for Mental Strength
If mental strength is something you desire, it all starts with your mindset. And affirmations are a surefire way to improve your mindset and get you one step closer to mental strength!
By choosing even just a few of the affirmations for mental strength in this post, you’ll help to rewire your neural pathways to choose positive inner dialogue instead of negative inner dialogue.
This is so powerful, because oftentimes it’s our own thoughts and feelings that hold us back from pursuing the things we really want to do! You need to foster your belief in yourself to truly thrive. And affirmations are an impactful tool to help with this.
Psst….having trouble making time for self care? I’ve made it quick and easy with my (free!) printable self care check in sheet! Grab it below and start incorporating 5 minute self care journaling into your morning and night routines!
Let me know in the comments: