This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you sign up or purchase products or services mentioned. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on June 25, 2023
In need of some 5 minute self care ideas when you have no time? I’ve got you!
I used to think self care meant at least an hour of something super involved or expensive. Think: day at the spa, going to the hair salon, or taking an hour-long bubble bath. Those are great and all, but certainly not practical on a regular basis.
And you probably know the feeling: your to-do list is several miles long, your brain and schedule are equally over-booked, and you can’t possibly imagine adding even ONE more thing to your busy day!
But the thing is…not allowing yourself any me-time is a recipe for disaster. Burnout is SO very possible when you are always hustling and go-go-go. Self care is a must for handling stress, lowering your risk of illness, and increasing your energy.
Good news for you: self care doesn’t need to be complicated, nor time consuming. These 5 minute self care activities can fit into ANY day you’re having, no matter how chaotic.
Remember, taking time for yourself is non-negotiable. More importantly, you deserve time in your day for acts of self care. Without fueling your mind and spirit by relaxing and recharging, you won’t be able to perform at your best anyway!
So if you’re tight on time, don’t fret. These 5 minute self care activities are just the fix!
90 Quick & Easy 5 Minute Self Care Activities
- Take deep breaths and hold them at the top
- Do a 5 minute meditation on Headspace
- Hug a pet
- Do some skincare
- Water your plants
- Do a quick stretch session
- Lay on the floor
- Listen to your favorite song
- Read 5 pages of a book
- Set a timer and do a brain dump in your journal
- Do some quick cardio like jumping jacks
- Get up and dance
- Go outside for fresh air
- Say 5 positive affirmations you need to hear most
- Set a timer and write down as many gratitudes as possible
- Drink a warm cup of tea or coffee
- Grab a light snack
- Light a candle
- Apply a face mask
- Ask yourself some self reflection questions
- Watch funny Tik Toks that make you laugh
- Organize your desk or immediate surroundings
- Set your intention for the day
- Decide on your top 3 goals for the day or week
- Write a to-do list of the things you’ve been putting off
- Send a loved one a quick text
- Do some intentional journaling
- Make your bed
- Check in with your emotions: how are you really feeling right now?
- Hype yourself up
- Compliment someone else
- Dedicate some quiet time alone to yourself
- Unplug from technology
- Pace/walk around the room
- Massage your neck or back
- Practice mindfulness and tune into your five senses
- Doodle in a notebook
- Eat a fruit or vegetable
- Identify 3 small “wins” from today
- Practice self compassion
- Plan an exciting activity for later today or the weekend
- Lather on some lotion
Want some guided help with fitting self care into your schedule?
My printable gratitude journal is a suuuper quick and easy way to get self care into your daily routine!
With day + night spreads, as well as weekly + monthly reflection, you’re just steps away from a happier mindset and more gratitude for all the awesome things around you!
Simple Self Care Ideas in 5 Minutes or Less
- Manifest something you’ve been wanting
- Research some info about a topic of interest
- Set a new, refreshing wallpaper on your phone or computer
- Turn on an essential oil diffuser
- Make a list of anything you need to organize in your mind
- Close your eyes
- Plan a self love Sunday
- Listen to a short podcast
- Paint your nails
- Tackle the quickest thing on your to-do list
- Brush your teeth
- Wash your face
- Use a body scrub
- Put on lip balm
- Refresh your makeup
- Color in a coloring book
- Change your clothes
- Squeeze a stress ball
- Chop up the fruit or veggies in your fridge to prep them for snacks later
- Progressive muscle relaxation (tense your muscles, then slowly relax)
- Recipe-plan for the week
- Do a quick sprint outside
- Move your body in any way that feels good
- Get lost in a daydream
- Prepare your clothes for the next day
- Organize your makeup brushes, skincare, or anything else in the bathroom
- Find a follow-along yoga video on YouTube
- Book your next therapy appointment
- Drink a cold glass of lemon water
- Use an ice roller or gua sha
- Roll out knots in your body with a tennis ball
- Eat some dark chocolate and savor every bite
- Put on some relaxing instrumentals (like lofi beats) as you work
- Read a devotional or inspiring quote
- Bask in some sunlight
- Put on perfume or body mist
- Clean out your purse
- Brush your hair
- Open your windows
- Cry if you need to
- Jot down a list of all the things you love about yourself
- Unfollow accounts that make you feel negative
- Watch videos of cute animals
- Delete apps you never use
Need to go deeper with self care? Want it on YOUR schedule? The best self-care thing you can do for yourself is speaking to a therapist. It’s helped me tremendously with my mental health! I always recommend Online Therapy because it’s a comprehensive, effective online therapy toolkit at an affordable monthly cost. Get 20% off your first month with the link below!
Self care doesn’t have to take long!
For all those times you’ve felt like you had NO time for self care, this list of 5 minute self care ideas shows you otherwise! Self care doesn’t need to be some giant project or chore. It really can be made simple, quick, and easily insert-able into any busy day.
Any time you catch a break in the morning, before bed, or even during your work day, you can surely grab a thing or two from this list and do something nice for yourself!
If these 5 minute self care activities got you inspired, please let me know in the comments: