This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you sign up or purchase products or services mentioned. Read the full disclosure here.
If your goal for the new year is to have a more positive mindset, stronger self-esteem, and just overall feel happier, these new year affirmations will help you get the year started on the right foot!
2022 might have been a great year for you, or it might have sucked. Take this opportunity to reflect on what went well, what went wrong, and what you can learn from this year and apply it to the next. At any rate, 2023 is a NEW start and is a great chance to work from a clean slate.
Regardless of your new year’s resolutions in 2023, these affirmations will empower you to tackle anything the new year brings. Whether you’re wishing to find more balance, chase after your goals, or prioritize self care, these new year affirmations will guide you in any direction you’re headed!
Let’s see why affirmations are so important to kick off the new year!
New Year Affirmations cause a shift in your mindset
If there’s anything you’re dreading or thinking negatively about with the new year, affirmations can help shift your perspective. When we get into a negative head space, it’s easy to be overrun by statements that make us doubt ourselves.
These negative thoughts seem to come on naturally without us even realizing it! And before you know it, your brain is telling you more negative things than positive.
But we don’t want that to happen, so we need to make a mindset shift. Positive affirmations are exactly the thing that can help you with that. And these new year affirmations are perfect for this point in the year.
Studies show that practicing affirmations activates parts of the brain that regulate your processing and sense of reward. The benefit to you is increased self-esteem and self-competence. Believing, truly, that you are capable of something makes a big difference in your achievements!
How to Use Affirmations Effectively
Affirmations are going to give you the most benefit if you practice them consistently. Repetition is everything for transforming your negative self talk into positive self talk. The more you practice positive inner dialogue about yourself, the more you begin to believe it.
Here are a few ways you can practice affirmations to make them most effective:
- Block off 5 minutes each day at the same time of day to practice your affirmations
- Choose affirmations that resonate the most with you and align with your goals
- Allow the specific words to really sink in–repeat the affirmation if you need to!
- Make this practice part of your morning or evening routine
So you’ll want to make affirmations a habit beyond the new year, but these new year affirmations will help you get into the swing of things!
65 New Year Affirmations to Motivate You in 2023
Positive Affirmations for the New Year
- A new year brings me new opportunities.
- This time around I have a chance to succeed.
- I will have all my priorities and goals in check this year.
- I’m going to make the best of this year.
- I am capable of having a positive outlook.
- I attract good opportunities, experiences, and people.
- I am walking into the new year with an abundance mindset.
- I am prepared for whatever this year throws at me.
- I am looking forward to comparing my growth at the end of the year to where I am at right now.
- This is the year my dreams will come true.
- This year will be filled with peace and love.
- I am choosing happiness in 2023.
- All of the things I’m worried about right now will get resolved this year.
- This will be a year filled with success and progress.
- I am improving and recovering.
- I am full of energy.
- I am a go-getter who visualizes what I want and I go for it!
New Year’s Resolution Affirmations
- This year will be all about prioritizing balance.
- I can work toward my goals without burning myself out.
- Once my plans for the future are set, I return myself back to living in the present moment.
- I can get through anything this year.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to this year.
- I’ve got this year on my side.
- I can brave the storms that come my way.
- I will do a good job.
- It’s okay if I need to revisit and reorient my goals throughout the year.
- I am giving myself room to change and grow if need be.
- I’ve got this next year under control.
- I am filled with optimism and enthusiasm for what this year has in store for me.
- This is the year I get the things I’ve been wanting.
- My mindset is in the right place and will allow me to flourish.
- I am committed to sticking to my New Year’s resolutions.
- I can push past all my limiting beliefs.
Want to practice more affirmations in 2023? Grab these affirmation cards!
A physical reminder of positive vibes is even more effective for helping you stay grounded! Grab this deck of 40 printable affirmation cards and bring your affirmations to life. Use them as journal prompts, stick ‘em on your mirror for an everyday reminder, or get creative and turn them into a vision board or collage on your wall!
End of Year Affirmations to Finish Off 2022
- My life is fulfilling and only has room for improvement next year.
- I’ve done a great job this year given the circumstances I was under.
- I’m coming out of this year on top.
- I can see my faults and mistakes and now I get to learn from them.
- Each passing year, I grow more and more as a person.
- I embrace all the good memories I had and cherish them.
- My willpower has gotten me so far.
- I am capable of achieving all the great things.
- I use this year as a learning opportunity.
- I am getting closer and closer to aligning with my truest self.
- This year has brought me a beautiful and very rewarding life.
Inspiring New Year Affirmations for 2023
- I am inspired to chase after my dreams this year.
- I am so ready for new beginnings.
- I am building the life I’ve always longed for.
- I feel empowered to take action on the course of my life.
- There’s no better time than now for me to thrive.
- I will get closer to finding/nurturing my passion.
- I feel fueled and prepared to tackle the new year.
- I can’t wait to see where my potential takes me.
- I’m excited to make an impact.
- I am letting go of 2022 and stepping into 2023 with a fresh mindset.
- When I say “happy new year” I mean it!
- I am responsible for creating my own happiness.
- I am releasing all insecurities and hang-ups that got the best of me in 2022.
- I am strong, determined, and unwavering.
- I will be more consistent than ever toward reaching my goals.
- I am ready to see real progress and results in my life.
- Any time I fall off the wagon, I will get right back up without passing judgment on myself.
- I will make mistakes, but they won’t break me.
- I am trusting myself to lead my life in the direction that’s best for me.
- I am making all the right decisions.
- Everything I decide to start, I am capable of finishing.
Affirmations are a helpful tool to shift your mindset, but you’ll find the most benefit if you pair them with therapy. Talking to an online therapist can really help you out. It’s helped me tremendously! I always recommend Online Therapy because it’s a comprehensive, effective online therapy toolkit at an affordable monthly cost. Get 20% off your first month with the link below!
Final Thoughts on New Year Affirmations
Aim to speak, read, or write down these new year affirmations to enter into 2023 with a fresh perspective. You can really make a difference in your mindset by practicing affirmations regularly, all throughout the year, but these ones specific to the new year are a perfect starting point!
You’re gonna kill it this year. Have a great one!
More Affirmations You’ll Love
LIKE THESE NEW YEAR AFFIRMATIONS? PIN THEM FOR LATER!
Last Updated on October 17, 2022