41 January Affirmations to Start the Year on a High Note
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you sign up or purchase products or services mentioned. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on January 23, 2023
You ready to buckle up and jump into January? These January affirmations are all about preparing you for the big year ahead! This month is a perfect time for goals, optimism, and a hopeful outlook–all things we want to affirm and focus on to start the year strong.
If you’re wanting to get into the planning spirit and take charge of your new year, these January affirmations will be perfect for you. (Oh, and if you want New Year-specific affirmations, I’ve got New Years Affirmations for a Successful but Balanced Year! Check ‘em out too!)
What is an Affirmation?
If you’re unfamiliar with affirmations, these are positive statements to help you re-orient negative thoughts and ideas. If you can relate to having a harsh inner critic, affirmations are definitely for you.
The goal of affirmations is to swap negative self talk for positive self talk. After enough practice, this actually retrains your brain to develop a more positive inner dialogue! Which, in turn, contributes to a better head space and improved mental health overall.
Using Positive Affirmations for January
Affirmations can (and should!) be practiced all throughout the year, but January is a prime time to hone in on positive phrases to boost your confidence.
Because this time of year is one of the best opportunities for setting goals and starting new habits. Using positive January affirmations will motivate you to truly believe in yourself and your ability to crush any goal you set this year.
Instead of feeling discouraged because you think back on previous years where you set resolutions you didn’t achieve, pause for a second. Remind yourself that this year is yet another chance to pick yourself up and do better!
Falling off the wagon happens, so don’t beat yourself up about it! You are in control of the present moment, and that’s all that matters right now. Use these January affirmations to keep you and your mind on the right track.
41 Best January Affirmations
If you need encouragement to start the year strong, look no further than these January affirmations! This year is yours for the taking, so let’s instill some self-confidence to make this year the best one yet!
- I have the power to make this year a good one.
- January energizes me with its new opportunities.
- I won’t stay confined to my comfort zone.
- I prioritize gathering new experiences.
- January brings me all sorts of new blessings.
- I have the ability to start my year off in a positive way.
- I can make this year better than the last.
- I am fully capable of achieving my potential this year.
- The month of January leaves me feeling inspired.
- I will attract the things I yearn for.
RELATED: 40 New Year Journal Prompts to Make 2023 The Best Year Yet
- I am filled with dedication to my goals and dreams.
- This year will bring me much abundance.
- I trust and believe in myself and my abilities.
- Each month this year will be a chance for growth.
- I am striving toward something greater every year.
- I am getting wiser each passing year.
- I won’t let anything get in my way of curating the year I want for myself.
- I embrace all the ups and downs this year will bring.
- I can accept what will come.
- I value my goals and resolutions and will prioritize them accordingly.
Want to become your most confident self this year? Grab my affirmation cards!
Lucky Girl Syndrome: The belief that you are the luckiest girl in the world, thus creating a mindset where good things come to you easily, always.
This deck of 32 affirmation cards based on “lucky girl syndrome” will help you…
RELATED: 23 Goals to Set This Year: Goal Ideas for Personal Growth
- I deserve to achieve the things I care about.
- I deserve to have a rich life full of good people, places, and memories.
- I deserve balanced and healthy mental health.
- I deserve balanced and healthy physical health.
- I am committed to making my self care a priority this year.
RELATED: 30 Day Winter Self Care Challenge to Beat the Winter Blues
- I embrace all the new seasons of my life as they come.
- Everything is working out the way it should.
- All good things will happen in due time.
- I feel at ease knowing that I am being guided.
- This month might not go exactly as I planned and that is okay.
- I release the anxiety surrounding the need to be in control.
- I am open to healing this year.
- I inhale hope and exhale self doubt.
- My worth is not dependent on my success.
- Setbacks are inevitable sometimes and that is okay.
- I experience immense gratitude for living through another year.
- My insecurities won’t stop me from going after what I want.
- This year, I am committed to caring less about what doesn’t matter.
- I am in exactly the right place as I begin this new year.
- I will set realistic and attainable goals.
- I will be gentle with myself if my goals change or don’t all get achieved this year.
RELATED: 35 January Journal Prompts for a Clean Slate
Is focusing on mental health a goal of yours this year? Talking to an online therapist can really help you out. It’s helped me tremendously with getting my anxiety in check! I always recommend Online Therapy because it’s a comprehensive, effective online therapy toolkit at an affordable monthly cost. Get 20% off your first month with the link below!
Final Thoughts on January Affirmations
As many thoughts, dreams, and goals are surely floating around in your head as you step into January, remember to always strive for balance! Goals are great and you can achieve awesome things, but remember to take care along the way.
Striking a balance of ambitious achievements and self care is a must for preventing burnout during the year! I hope these January affirmations reminded you to approach your plans for the year in a mentally healthy way.
More Affirmations You’ll Love This Year
114 Empowering Affirmations for Letting Go
65 New Year Affirmations for a Successful But Balanced 2023
55 Self Compassion Affirmations to Show Yourself More Kindness
35 Winter Solstice Affirmations to Slow Down and Recharge