Last Updated on June 25, 2023
Did you know that journaling can get you one step closer to what you actually want out of life? Follow these journal prompts for manifesting and see for yourself!
If you haven’t added manifesting to your self care and self improvement routine, you absolutely should! No matter where your beliefs stand, manifesting is–at the very least–a powerful visualization tool for achieving the goals you care about.
Writing down exactly what you want in serious detail will help you attract more of it into your life. Goals just feel more realistic when we write them down and plan them out. Manifestation is based on this same concept! And these journal prompts for manifesting will guide you in getting one step closer to what you truly want.
Whether you’re seeking journal prompts to manifest love, journal prompts to manifest money, goals, dreams…you name it, this post has you covered!
This post is all about journal prompts for manifesting
120+ Journal Prompts for Manifesting
You deserve to achieve all your dreams and goals, and manifestation can help you! This post includes journal prompts for manifesting to set goals, manifesting love, manifesting money, self confidence, a healthy mindset, and your dream career!
Journal Prompts for Manifesting to Set Goals
- When you think of manifesting, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
- Describe your dream life as if you are already living it.
- What does your ideal physical health look like?
- What does your ideal mental health look like?
- What place would you like your self growth to be in?
- What does your ideal spirituality look like?
- What does your ideal social life look like?
- What is the number one thing you want to manifest and why?
- How would you feel if your number one desire came to be?
- Outside of manifesting, what steps will you take to achieve your number one desire?
- How are you improving yourself?
- Where do you see yourself in 6 months? 1 year? 5 years?
- Have you ever manifested something before? What was it and what was the outcome?
- What is your biggest goal for the year?
- Do you feel like your current actions are in alignment with your goals and beliefs? Why or why not?
- What is your biggest intention this week?
- What is the biggest accomplishment you’d like to achieve?
- What are some more things you want to do with your life?
- What are 3 intentions you can set to help you manifest your ideal life?
- What excuses do you find yourself running into the most?
- What does your ideal daily routine look like?
- What is your dream travel destination?
- Which bad habits do you need to change to get where you want to be?
- How can you start minimizing those bad habits?
- What are some good habits you’d like to start?
- How will you start implementing those good habits?
- What does your dream home and neighborhood look like?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t?
- Describe your ideal day as if it is currently happening. What would you do? How would you feel?
- If you could move anywhere, where would you move to? Describe it in detail.
- What prevents you from moving where you really want to live?
- Write out a script of exactly how you want today or tomorrow to go.
- If you could pick only one motivation for your desire to practice manifesting, what would it be?
- How have your goals or desires changed over the last few years?
Journal Prompts for Manifesting Self Confidence
- What are 5 gifts or traits you have to offer the world?
- What would you do if you knew you would succeed?
- Write down 10 personality traits you love about yourself.
- Write down 10 physical traits you love about yourself.
- What are three ways you can show yourself self love today?
- How can you be kinder to yourself through positive self talk?
- Who is someone you look up to and why do they inspire you? How can you emulate them?
- Which area of your life is going best? What has made it go so well?
- What is keeping you back from becoming the happiest version of you?
- What exactly would your highest level self be like?
- How do you define success?
- What would living a successful life look like to you?
- What are some amazing things you’ve already accomplished? What were your steps for getting there?
- Where are you at right now with the belief that you attract good things?
- What are some of your weak points in social settings you could improve on?
- What triggers your feelings of self doubt?
- Name 3 ways you can counter your self-doubt.
- Name 3 reasons why you should believe in yourself.
The secret to self confidence? Lucky girl syndrome.
Lucky Girl Syndrome: The belief that you are the luckiest girl in the world, thus creating a mindset where good things come to you easily, always.
This deck of 32 affirmation cards based on “lucky girl syndrome” will help you…
Journal Prompts for Manifesting Love/Relationships
- What traits would your ideal partner possess?
- What does your ideal family life look like?
- In what ways can you give more to others?
- What are 3 good traits you bring to the table with a romantic partner?
- Be honest: are you ready for love right now? Why or why not?
- What do you need in your relationship that you aren’t getting? (Or, what do you need in your next relationship that you didn’t get in your last?)
- Do you think self love has to come first before getting into a relationship? Why or why not?
- In what ways have you recognized your worth as a partner over time?
- In what ways have you raised your standars when seeking a romantic partner?
- Which love language do you identify with most? (Quality time, words of affirmation, physical touch, gifts, acts of service)
Journal Prompts for Manifesting Money/Financial Well-being
- What does your ideal financial state look like?
- What does it mean to be “money-minded”?
- Name one area of spending you could improve on.
- Describe your #1 biggest short-term and long-term savings goal.
- How often do you educate yourself on financial literacy, investing, saving, retirement, etc?
- What is one area of financial literacy you do not know much about, but would like to learn?
- How has your attitude toward money been growing up vs. now as an adult?
- Does money buy happiness?
- Does money buy peace of mind?
- Do you honestly believe that you attract money and opportunities to make it?
- What is one area of spending you’ve successfully cut back on recently?
Journal Prompts for Manifesting Your Dream Career
- What does your ideal career look like?
- What steps have you taken toward your dream career?
- Do you believe that you’re capable of achieving your dream career?
- Do you ever experience self doubt or imposter syndrome about your dream career? Explain.
- How do you think your dream career will improve your life?
- Do you believe that you’re capable of achieving your ideal salary?
- What is currently holding you back from your dream career?
- Do you compare your career journey to others? In what ways?
- Do you take a step back and recognize your hard work enough?
- How can you improve upon your skills and knowledge in the professional world?
Journal Prompts for Manifesting a Healthy Mindset
- Is there anything holding you back from going after your dreams?
- Write down 5 positive affirmations that can help you the most through manifesting
- What do you feel guides you the most? The universe, yourself, God, or something else?
- How can you incorporate more positive actions into your life?
- List 5 things you feel grateful for today.
- How do you feel after expressing gratitude?
- How do you feel after manifesting something?
- What are 3 activities you can do to shift yourself toward a positive mindset when you’re feeling down?
- What can you add to your morning routine to make it more spiritual?
- What are 3 things in your life that inspire you toward self improvement?
- Is there anyone in your life that drains your energy? Describe them.
- What are some boundaries you can set to prevent people from draining your energy?
- What word or quote is helping you get through things lately?
- How can you practice patience regarding the things you manifest?
- What are some things you can do to strengthen your spiritual knowledge?
- What are some things you can do to strengthen your spiritual connection?
- What are 3 limiting beliefs holding you back from achieving your goals?
- What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned in the last year?
- What are you happiest doing?
- What do you need to release right now?
- What are you grateful for that you’ve already been given? (gratitude is an important part of manifesting! Here are 40 gratitude journal prompts)
- What is something you wish you could cut out of your life?
- What are the things that make you happiest in your life?
- Who are the people that make you happiest in your life?
- What haven’t you forgiven yourself for yet?
- How can you work toward forgiving yourself?
- What is one of your biggest challenges with manifesting?
- Discuss something you’ve tried to manifest that didn’t work out
- Discuss something you’ve tried to manifest that DID work out
- Follow your natural stream of consciousness and brain dump all the things you’d like to manifest
- Brain dump a list of all the negative thoughts that come to mind. Then, reframe them into their positive counterparts.
- If you meditate, what types of thoughts often interrupt your meditations?
- On a scale of 1-10, how much do you truly believe in manifesting? What influences your opinion?
- What are some self care activities you can do along with manifesting?
- Which activities help you feel energized?
- What about your current life makes you feel happy?
- What is something you’re looking forward to?
- What is something you’ve overcome and what type of mindset got you through it?
Exactly how does manifestation journaling help?
As described in Self, manifestation is “focusing your thoughts on a desired outcome–through practices like mindfulness, visualization, and meditation–in order to try and bring it into reality.”
Nothing is guaranteed, but some practices in psychology touch on very similar actions. Mindfulness, visualization, and meditation are all very common for fostering a growth mindset and leading you toward a goal.
These general practices are very useful for achieving something specific. The prompts in this post make for great visualization journal prompts.
Journaling incorporates mindfulness and visualization techniques, so you can imagine it’s pretty powerful for manifesting!
What should I write in my manifestation journal?
There’s actually quite a few ways to manifest in your journal besides these journal prompts for manifesting! Try out these suggestions and see what works for you:
- Scripting – this is where you envision something you want to achieve by writing exactly how it will play out down to the last detail. For example, if you want to move into your dream apartment, write down everything that entails! The location, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, the decor, the amenities. Everything. Having such a clear vision of a goal will help you believe in it and ultimately, increase your chances of achieving it.
- Gratitude Lists – If you’re tuned into the law of attraction, you might know that positive actions attract positive outcomes. Writing down the things you’re grateful for is a great way to encourage a positive mindset.
- Affirmations – Affirmations are another tool to encourage belief in yourself while also improving your self-talk/inner dialogue. If you intentionally speak affirmations related to your goal or your abilities, you’ll believe you can do it!
- Setting clear, specific goals – It’s going to be very hard to strive for something when you aren’t fully aware what it is you’re striving for! If you set very clear, specific, and detailed goals for what you want, it’ll be easier to manifest them.
- Shadow work – Shadow work is all about healing past traumas and negative beliefs that hold you back from becoming your true self. When you practice self care and shadow work, you bring yourself closer to the positive person you’re meant to be. These shadow work journal prompts can help you get there!
How do you manifest while journaling?
There are several pieces of advice that can make your manifestation journaling process more effective! As you go through these journal prompts for manifesting, keep the following in mind:
- Let the thoughts flow, unedited – you want to be able to capture your true unscripted thoughts as you manifest. Don’t worry about how eloquent you sound or if you’re “wording things right”–just let whatever is in your brain transfer onto the page!
- Be consistent – Pretty much anything you do in life is more effective when done regularly. The same is true with manifestation journaling. The more you sit down with the intention of manifesting and reflecting on your goals and dreams, the better.
- Frequently check in on the things you’ve manifested – this is so important! Did the things you manifested 3 months ago actually happen? This is great information to have, because then you know what practices to replicate and what not to.
Why is using journal prompts the best way to manifest?
While there are several ways to manifest, using journal prompts for manifesting is especially effective because you clarify your intentions in writing.
You might think you want something until you look at it from all angles and understand every part that comes along with it. We only see the glamorous side of musicians’ lives, and it might make you want to pursue a career in music. But that’s without ever knowing the manipulation and toxicity they face under their record label.
This is just one example, but can you see how there’s more to something than what meets the eye?
So by using journal prompts for manifesting, you’ll get to dig deep and think hard about all aspects of what you’re trying to pursue. This is where you get to clarify your intentions and crack down on what you really want.
Journaling for manifestation also helps you better visualize what you’re striving for. As you envision every little detail, you’re painting a visual representation in your mind of the thing you want. Visualization is powerful!
Psst…are you practicing self care? I’ve got a quick and easy way to do it! Grab my (free!) daily self care check in below to implement a little self care journaling into your morning and night routines!
This post was all about journal prompts for manifesting.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU’LL LOVE THESE TOO!