Last Updated on May 16, 2023
Spring! The season of new beginnings, warmer weather (or so we hope!), fresh flowers blossoming, and all things coming to life again! With the landscape blooming around us, you don’t want to miss out on the change of the season. These spring bucket list ideas will help you get the most out of the spring time!
Even if it seems like winter will never end (don’t skimp on your winter self care routine!), spring gives us the little light at the end of the tunnel we really need! Make sure you soak in the joy of the new season by making all the spring memories you can.
So let this spring bucket list allow you to feel young at heart and experience all the new season has to offer!
This post is all about the spring bucket list.
What are popular spring activities?
Spring is a bit of a funny season because it may still be cold where you live, or you may be finally experiencing the first warm days of the year! That said, the spring activities that make sense to do can vary!
But with your goal likely being to get outdoors a little more, some popular spring activities include:
- Picnics in the park
- Planting a spring garden (or even just one plant!)
- Touring the local spring flowers
- Going to a farmer’s market
- Getting your spring cleaning in
- Berry picking
- Bird watching
Where I live, it snowed in April last year so spring can be all over the place for me! But I definitely tried to take advantage of the warm days that were sprinkled in, and I encourage you to do the same!
Here are 90+ fun and refreshing spring bucket list ideas.
Fun outdoor spring activities
- Fly a kite. Who even thinks about kites anymore?! All the more reason to relive your childhood days and go fly one!
- Feed the ducks. Find your local duck pond and make sure to feed duck-safe food like oats, rice, birdseed, and frozen peas.
- Go berry picking. Strawberry fields are what you’ll likely find this season!
- Go bird watching. You can even use one of those nature identifier apps to learn which birds you’re looking at!
- Try kayaking.
- Go on a spring vacation. It doesn’t even have to be anywhere too elaborate, even just going somewhere cool that you’ve never been before is fun!
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Set up a bird feeder.
- Hike a new trail.
- Pick wildflowers and make a bouquet out of them.
- Plant a spring garden (even just one plant!).
- Tour the local spring flowers. You can find designated flower fields or even just stroll through a park or your neighborhood!
- Dance in the rain. Because why not?!
- Play frisbee and other fun park games.
- Go shopping at a farmer’s market.
- Catch fireflies.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Take a road trip.
- Lay out in the grass.
- Get up early and watch the sunrise. Spring and summer sunrises are SO stunning!
Spring bucket list ideas for rainy days
- Movie marathons in bed. Great opportunity to catch up on all the old movies you used to watch as a kid AND check out new ones you’ve been meaning to see!
- Read new books. I’ve been checking out one self-help and one fiction book each time I visit the library lately!
- Start a blog. I have a step-by-step guide of everything I learned my first year blogging and how you can start your own blog too!
- Do a paint-by-number.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Play a board game.
- Bake spring-themed desserts. You can make cute Easter bunny cupcakes!
- Build a fort. Don’t let anyone dampen your joy and say you’re too old–building blanket forts is a blast!
- Cook your favorite meal.
- Try out a DIY project.
- Learn trending Tik Tok dances. Trust me, it’s actually so fun!
- Have an indoor picnic.
- Indoor camp.
- Create a vision board. Here are the best vision board ideas for adults!
- Do some coloring. Sharpen your colored pencils, whip up your favorite hot drink, print out some coloring pages, and have fun!
- Pamper yourself with THE shower or bath. (Exfoliate, shave, sit back and relax in a bubble bath, the works!). More self care ideas here!
- Pull out the old gaming consoles and play some video games.
- Listen to new podcasts.
- Read helpful blogs. You can click through the navigation above to read different topics on my blog!
Spring cleaning ideas for your bucket list
A great way to get your life in check for the new season is to do a “monthly reset.” Grab my (free!) monthly reset routine checklist below!
- Put away the winter clothing. It will feel SO refreshing to get those bulky winter clothes out of the way and make room for lighter gear!
- Revamp your room. You can swap out the wall decor, replace your dresser and nightstand, or maybe even paint the walls!
- Rearrange your living room furniture.
- Deep clean each room in your house.
- Toss out expired food in your fridge, freezer, and pantry.
- Clean things you might tend to forget about, like the inside of your oven.
- Tidy up your desk space.
- Evaluate what to donate/sell from your closet. I usually opt for Goodwill, but if I have more time I’ve been meaning to try out selling on eBay! I’ve heard that eBay is way less work than Poshmark.
- Have a yard sale to get rid of unwanted belongings. Here’s some easy hacks toward minimalism!
- Empty drawers and cabinets and wipe down the interior.
- Organize your pantry.
- Toss out old makeup or makeup you haven’t used in forever.
- Clean out your dishwasher.
- Sweep and mop all the floors.
- Dust light fixtures, vents, and ceiling fans.
- Wash your curtains, throw pillows, and blankets that normally go unwashed.
- Wipe down washer and dryer exterior.
- Organize the clothing items in your dresser drawers. I know my dresser drawers are more jam packed than they need to be!
- Wash windows and window sills.
- Vacuum all floors.
- Toss out expired medicines. Because that Advil that expired in 2019 probably doesn’t work anymore!
- Clean showers and tubs.
- Sweep porches and patios.
- Clean doormats.
Spring bucket list ideas for couples
- Go for a scenic romantic walk. This could be a walk in the park, a walk by the waterfront or a pond, or downtown!
- Go on a theme park date. It’s WAY better to go in the spring with less crowds and cooler weather!
- Go wine tasting.
- Dance together in the rain. Don’t let the rain stop you, make the most of it! Take cute pictures too!
- Take a scenic bike ride.
- Create spring cocktails.
- Try a new sport or hobby. Trying something new and active together is always a blast! Check out my 100 fun hobby ideas.
- Take a weekend getaway. Even just booking an Airbnb in the next city over is a nice weekend getaway idea!
- Go see a drive-in movie.
- Do fun kid-like activities like play with chalk, blow bubbles, jump rope!
- Learn your love languages. This quiz will help you both identify your love languages! Maybe you learn something new about your partner!
- Play at a playground.
- Visit a flower field.
- Plan summer travels. Always good to think ahead, especially when it comes to booking plane tickets and hotels! Check out my summer activities for adults to get planning!
- Grab rooftop drinks.
Things to do in the spring with friends
- Have a BBQ. If you or one of your friends owns a grill, great! If not, you can always go to the park and find a grill!
- Play lawn games.
- Have a spring photoshoot. Get all done up, pick cute outfits, the most aesthetic location, and make it a vibe!
- Treat yourselves to a spa day.
- Shop for new seasonal outfits.
- Make each other Easter baskets. This would be so thoughtful and creative!
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Play mini golf.
- Go to a concert or music festival. Some of my best memories with friends have been at concerts and music festivals!
- Explore a flea market.
- Take a fun day trip with the windows rolled down and music on.
- Attend a sports game.
- Do yoga outside. It’s a little different, but certainly refreshing!
- Make a charcuterie board. Go alllllll out with all the fixings like olives, nuts, cheeses, meats, hummus!
- Visit the zoo.
- Get a spring manicure. Pastel colors are always fun!
- Make strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries.
- Go camping.
Don’t forget your monthly reset checklist!
This post was all about the spring bucket list.
Now you’re ready to plan the best spring ever!! A new season gives us new opportunities for season-specific activities, so why not take advantage?! Whether spring turns out to be rainy or sunny, cold or warm, this spring bucket list has fun ideas no matter the circumstances.
Make sure you get out there and make new memories.
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU’LL LOVE THESE TOO!