This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you sign up or purchase products or services mentioned. Read the full disclosure here.
Not feeling your best this holiday season? These Christmas affirmations have got your back. If your mood doesn’t match the “most wonderful time of the year” expectations, don’t sweat it – I’m here for you.
In a perfect world, Christmas is all about happiness, joy, family, and giving. But not everyone has that same experience.
Christmas can be challenging for some. You might not have the best family relationship or feel overwhelmed by the holiday chaos. Hey, maybe Christmas just hasn’t been your thing. These affirmations are here to help.
This time of year, you might need some extra self-care, and that makes perfect sense! Listen to your needs. If you could use a boost, give these Christmas affirmations for adults a shot!
How to Use Affirmations Effectively
In case you’re new to affirmations, affirmations are statements that reinforce positive thinking. They can help re-train your brain to make a shift toward positive self-talk instead of negative self talk.
To use affirmations effectively, repetition is key.
The more you practice speaking or writing affirmations, the more they become second nature and truly make an impact on your thought patterns. Christmas is a great opportunity to start the habit, so allow these Christmas positive affirmations to help you get started!
Why Use Christmas Affirmations During the Holidays?
The holidays can be a stressful, hectic time. They are also a time where you’re spending more hours than usual around your family, and (let’s be honest) that isn’t always an equally good experience for everyone.
Affirmations have been shown to reduce anxiety, improve mood, and promote positive coping skills. All benefits you could probably use during this busy time of year!
It isn’t easy to have a positive mindset when everything around you is stress-inducing. But doing what you can to lessen the impact of stress can make a difference. Christmas holiday affirmations can be a big help!
103 Positive Christmas Affirmations for the Holidays
Don’t lose these Christmas affirmations! Pin ’em to come back later!
Positive Affirmations for Christmas
- I bask in how good it feels to give.
- I am allowed to fill my own cup before I help others.
- This Christmas will be filled with joy.
- I can do Christmas in my own way.
- I can let go of the negative past experiences I’ve had on Christmas.
- I choose peace over anxiety, fear, and distress.
- I exhale negative vibes and inhale peace and calm.
- This Christmas will be a fresh start.
- My heart is open to love this holiday.
- Taking this opportunity to give to others is a great reward.
Christmas Affirmations for Shopping Stress
- I will be able to figure out all the right gifts for my loved ones.
- I can manage the large holiday shopping crowds with ease.
- My gift choices come from the heart.
- It brings me great joy to be able to give.
- I come across all the best deals and discounts.
- I am a savvy and goal-oriented shopper.
- Holiday shopping is a special opportunity, not a burden.
- I love being able to express my love and care through gifts.
- I can still balance holiday shopping with self-care.
- I take a deep breath and stay calm and collected in crowded stores.
- I am mindful of my spending.
- I have the best intuition when choosing gifts that others will love.
- The process of picking out the perfect gift is an enjoyable one.
- I can be the source of holiday cheer for my loved ones.
- I can give to my loved ones not only through gifts, but through cherished memories and experiences
- Presence is more important than presents.
Christmas Affirmations to Balance Family Time vs. Me Time
- I release any guilt about taking time for myself.
- I deserve time for self-reflection and alone time, no matter the season.
- The people who matter don’t mind my request for alone time. And those that do mind, don’t matter.
- I am allowed to enforce healthy boundaries to protect my peace this Christmas.
- I am allowed to have limits and communicate them.
- Balance looks different for everyone, and the balance I need is valid.
- I feel immense gratitude for the wonderful people that add value to my life.
- I am in control of my holiday schedule.
- I have the final say over how I spend my energy.
- I prioritize quality time with loved ones while still giving to myself.
- I honor my needs to rest and recharge.
- Family time makes me feel loved, connected, and like I belong.
- Balance is my best holiday strength.
- I intentionally ground myself in the present moment.
- Taking my “me time” helps me be a better person around my family.
- I lean into meaningful connections.
- I can find balance no matter the chaos.
Holiday Season Affirmations
- I surround myself with positive people this Christmas.
- I am grateful for all the good I possess this season.
- I will make my home a happy space this Christmas.
- This Christmas season prepares me for growth.
- What matters most is what Christmas means to me, not what it means to society.
- I will find joy in little ways.
- I deserve to treat myself.
- I can find at least one Christmas activity I enjoy.
- I am committed to reviving the meaning of Christmas in my life.
- I will find moments to rest in this busy season.
Like positive affirmations? Get them as cards!
A physical reminder that you ARE doing amazing is even more effective for your mindset! Grab this deck of 40 printable affirmation cards and bring these affirmations to life.
Use them as journal prompts, stick ‘em on your mirror for an everyday reminder, or get creative and turn them into a vision board or collage on your wall!
Affirmations for Christmas Preparing, Decorating, & Budgeting
- I go about my holiday preparations with a joyful heart.
- My planning pays off and makes the season run smoother.
- I am an organized person who can handle any holiday.
- I feel ready and prepared for the upcoming hustle and bustle.
- All I need to do is focus on holiday tasks one step at a time.
- I romanticize the act of getting everything ready for Christmas.
- I love that I am free to transform my space into a winter wonderland.
- Decorating brings magic, joy, and fulfillment into my home.
- I’ve curated the perfect cozy environment.
- I get to express my unique style through my decorations.
- I can allow my creativity to shine.
- I am in control of my holiday spending.
- I am excellent at setting a budget and sticking to it.
- My choices align with my overall financial goals.
- It is okay to spend more during this time of year than I normally would.
- I release any guilt or fears I have surrounding my Christmas spending.
- I think outside the box and come up with budget-friendly gift ideas.
- I balance preparation, decoration, and budgeting with ease.
- All the abundance in my life is evident during the holidays.
- I am present for my friends and family in every holiday experience.
Christmas Affirmations of Faith
- I am taking the time to count all my blessings.
- Everything will work out for me this Christmas.
- I share God’s light through my actions and giving to others.
- I am energized by the things I’ve been blessed with.
- I feel immense comfort and peace from God’s presence.
- I can relax knowing that God has a plan.
- I am setting the intention to love myself and share that love with others.
- God knows my every need.
- I feel a strong sense of gratitude for all that I have.
- I can breathe easy knowing that good things will come my way.
Christmas Affirmations for Peace
- In this moment, I am doing just fine.
- The new year and new opportunities are just around the corner.
- Christmas is the chance for a new beginning.
- I am taking in the sights, smells, and sounds of the soothing Christmas season.
- I am taking the chance to connect with the people in my life on a deeper level.
- This Christmas is all about abundance and I welcome it.
- My life is working in magical ways.
- When I feel stressed, I will pause and take a step back.
- I will prioritize self care this winter.
- I am focusing on being mindful in the present moment of this joyful season.
Merry Christmas Affirmations
- I feel rich with experiences, blessings, and joy this season.
- I can always find something to be thankful for.
- I am beaming with energy.
- Christmas is my special day and I have the freedom to spend it how I choose.
- I can make my own memories and traditions that matter to me.
- I can welcome good people into my Christmas activities.
- I can let go of toxic people that do not support me.
- I am centered and balanced no matter what the holiday season throws at me.
- I am choosing to see the beauty in everyone and everything.
- It makes me happy to make others happy.
Manage those tough mental health struggles this Christmas with my guided journal!
Wishing you the merriest of Christmases!
I hope these positive Christmas affirmations brought you the encouragement to get through even the craziest holiday season!
Step into Christmas with a fresh perspective and orient your focus toward the good and away from the bad. Even if Christmas is a rough time for you, shifting your attention to at least a few positive things you can enjoy about the season will help tremendously.
Now, go have the most confident and merriest Christmas yet!