Last Updated on April 1, 2023
Cheers to the work week being SO over and done with! Give yourself a congrats, ‘cause you made it!
Fridays always feel good because it means that your weekend is just hours away. New research has shown that Fridays actually are the happiest day of the week. If you want to kick off your day with some reflection and weekend planning, these Friday journal prompts are where it’s at.
Time to take a deep breath and look forward to catching a break! You totally earned it.
90 Quick & Easy Friday Journal Prompts
Fridays should be made simple, so I’ve got you covered with these Friday journal prompts that are meant to be quick and easy. With prompts for a happy Friday, starting the weekend right, and savoring that Friday feelin’, these prompts will help you live in the moment and soak up every bit of the early weekend!
Friday Writing Prompts for Work Week Reflection
- What are 3 things you’re grateful for that happened this week?
- How did the week go? Was it easy, hard, or just fine to get through?
- What was the biggest highlight of this week?
- What “wins” did you have this week?
- What makes Friday such a relief?
- Were things generally positive or negative?
- Name a moment where you experienced positive energy this week. How can you bring that same energy into next week?
- What is your favorite thing about Fridays?
- What is an obstacle you overcame this week?
- What is something you learned this week?
- Make a list of the little things that make you happy.
- What is something you like to do on Fridays as a little pick-me-up?
- What self care activities do you like to do at the end of a long week?
- What is something you’re looking forward to next week?
- What is your favorite part about your Friday morning or Friday night routine?
- How can you show yourself a little self love for getting through the week?
- How was your overall mood this week?
- What piece of advice can you give to yourself for next week?
Snag some extra gratitude for your Friday!
Want gratitude journal prompts and fun worksheets bundled just for you? My printable gratitude journal has everything you need to practice gratitude each day and develop life-changing positive habits!
Includes 12 pages to break down your gratitude practice each morning and evening, as well as weekly and monthly. Jam-packed with thought-provoking gratitude journal prompts and activities to keep you focused and on track!
Friday Journal Prompts to Plan Your Weekend
- What is something you’re looking forward to this weekend?
- This weekend, I want to feel…
- What is your intention for this weekend?
- Describe your weekend plans and how they differ from most weekends.
- Do you tend to be a homebody or do you like to go out on weekends? Why?
- What is one new thing you can try this weekend?
- How will this weekend be even better than the last?
- This weekend, how will you care for yourself?
- What is one small thing you plan to accomplish?
- What boundaries might you need to put in place this weekend?
- What is something you can do to combat your anxiety before the next work week?
- What are 3 things you’re actively enjoying right now in your life?
- What is an expectation or something you can let go of to better enjoy your weekends?
- What is the most fun you recently had on a weekend?
- What is one good thing you can do for your mental health?
- Who will you spend this weekend with? Are you happy about it?
- What places will you go this weekend? How do you feel about them?
- What is one thing you can do that will make next week a little easier?
- How can you ensure you make time for rest when you need it?
Psst!! Don’t forget about these Friday journal prompts. Pin them for later!
Writing Prompts for That Friday Feeling of Gratitude
- What’s something that’s working out in your life right now?
- What makes Friday so special?
- How can you boost your mood on busy Fridays?
- What is something new you discovered lately?
- What can you do to stay grounded in the present moment this Friday?
- What mid-week workday affirmations can you tell yourself during the week to motivate you til Friday?
- What is bringing you energy today?
- What is draining you?
- What is one goal you think you can achieve between this Friday and next?
- What is the most exciting thing that happened this week?
- On a scale of 1-10, how are you currently handling your stress?
- What is a fun hobby you want to make more time for? (hobby ideas here!)
- What can you do to say “no” to distractions today?
- Who made you feel good this week?
- What was a mistake you made this week? How can you learn from it?
- What did you do this week that brought you closer to your goals?
- What was the funniest thing that happened this week?
- What was something that really made you think this week?
Friday Journal Prompts for Self Care
- What can you do to shift your mindset away from work and into relaxation?
- How can you find time for balance this weekend?
- Do you tend to over-plan your weekends? Do you think this impacts your self care?
- On a scale of 1-10, how much have you been prioritizing your self care?
- What is a self care activity you used to really love that you’ve drifted away from?
- What self care activity do you keep thinking about getting into, but haven’t yet? Why?
- How can you be more intentional with your Friday nights?
- What habits have brought you the most satisfaction and time to recharge this week?
- How can you put the stresses of the week behind you?
- How can you put Monday’s worries away for the weekend?
- How do you plan to celebrate this week’s accomplishments?
- What positive affirmations can you use to kick off Friday in a good head space?
- In what ways can I invite more creativity into my life?
- What would you like to learn more about yourself?
- How comfortable are you with spending time alone in your own company?
- Do you get the chance to catch up on some social self care this weekend?
- What is something good you can do for your body today?
- What is something good you can do for your mind or spirit today?
Make sure you can return to these prompts every Friday! Pin them below!
Friday Journal Prompts for Processing Stress and Emotions
- Was this week more or less challenging than usual?
- How did you deal with any stress that came up?
- Do you think you’ve been effective at managing your stress? Why or why not?
- Name three healthy ways you can cope with stress or strong emotions. How can you implement these?
- Did you catch yourself living too much in the future, worrying about tomorrow?
- What can you do to practice mindfulness in this very moment?
- What is still lingering on your mind this Friday?
- How can you reframe the way you view stress to make it feel more manageable?
- Did you experience any physical symptoms due to stress?
- What boundaries could you have benefitted from setting this week?
- When you get time to yourself, do you spend it intentionally? Or do you get sucked into wasting your time in ways you wish you didn’t?
- Who can you confide in and seek support from when going through a challenge?
- What was the most overwhelming thing you encountered this week and what made it so bad?
- Are there any tasks you can delegate or say “no” to in order to reduce your stress?
- How can you make your mental health and wellbeing a daily priority?
- What relaxation techniques have you used in the past that helped you?
- How can you be more accepting of yourself and the emotions you face?
Final Thoughts: Friday Journal Prompts
Did these Friday journal prompts help you end your week off on a high note? Let me know in the comments which journal prompts were your favorite! Giving the week one last reflection before transitioning to the joys of the weekend is a good practice to have.
Thinking about what went awesome, what didn’t go too hot, and what kind of energy you want to bring into the weekend are all good things to think about to make your weeks the very best!