This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you sign up or purchase products or services mentioned. Read the full disclosure here.
Last Updated on October 22, 2022
Are you tired of slugging your way through Mondays just trying to make it out alive? We can’t change the fact that Mondays exist, but we can shift our mindset and take actions to make Mondays more manageable!
If you could use a little pep in your step, these Monday affirmations are just what you need to make getting through the start of the work week a little easier!
But I’m with ya, and even I admit…
Mondays can be a drag.
We gotta be honest here. Mondays really can suck. Mondays are a reminder that we have SO much ahead of us this week and we haven’t even made a dent. Of course some weeks are better than others, but the general consensus is that most of us kiiiinda dread Mondays.
But the thing is, there’s no escaping that start of the week. So the best we can do is cope with our Mondays and make them a little happier! After all, it’s a blank slate. A fresh start. That doesn’t have to be a bad thing at all. If last week didn’t go so hot, you can put it behind you and move forward!
That’s what these Monday affirmations are all about. You can’t make Mondays disappear, but you can make them tolerable by practicing positive coping skills, such as positive affirmations. Reminding yourself that you can get through Monday, like you always do, is empowering!
How to Practice Monday Affirmations
There’s a few different ways you can practice these Monday affirmations to make them most effective for you. For example…
- On slow, low-motivation Mondays: read the affirmations silently to yourself, close your eyes, and really absorb the meaning behind the words.
- On productive, energetic Monday mornings: speak the affirmations out loud and truly believe in them. You can even do this while looking into the mirror if you want! But don’t feel obligated if it feels weird to you.
- On introspective Mondays: journal the affirmations by writing down the ones that really stand out. Use them as journal prompts to think a little deeper about your reaction or response to each affirmation.
Tailoring your affirmations practice to fit your energy level will make them resonate better. Do what you can and make it work for you!
80 Monday Affirmations to Begin Your Week With
Funny Monday Affirmations
- I can laugh about any problems that come up this Monday.
- I’ll be putting on my positive pants.
- Why be moody when I can shake my booty?
- Did I really have a bad day? Or was it just a bad 5 minutes that felt like all day?
- I’m telling my inner critic to sit down and shut up.
- I’m thankful for all the difficult people in my life because they show me who I’m not gonna be.
- Not everyone has to like me, because not everyone has good taste.
- Life is better when I’m laughing.
- Even the worst of my days only have 24 hours.
- Okay, but what’s the best that could happen?
- Today, I’m choosing not to let idiots ruin my day.
- I’m going to work like I don’t need to pay off student loans.
- Everyone brings joy to my Monday. Some when they enter, some when they leave.
- I’m going to work so I don’t have to settle for champagne taste on a malt liquor budget.
- B*tch, I’m doing a good job.
Happy Monday Affirmations
- This day is mine for the taking.
- I’m going to view this day through a lens of gratitude.
- This is my chance for a fresh, clean slate.
- Whatever comes my way today, I know I can handle it. I always do.
- I wake up feeling strong, empowered, and prepared.
- I feel energized because my battery is at full charge after the weekend.
- I’m ready and welcome to receive all the good things today.
- I’m equipped with everything I need to succeed.
- As I move through this day, my positive energy will last me all day long.
- I choose faith over fear today.
- I inhale confidence and calm and exhale negativity and anxiety.
- I meet myself exactly where I’m at right now and accept it.
- I feel good about the life I’m working to create for myself.
- Today is another chance to contribute to my fulfilling lifestyle.
- I embrace the new beginnings I’m stumbling upon this Monday.
- I open my heart to receive all the new opportunities that come my way.
- I have the power to create a beautiful day for myself.
- I release anything negative that’s carried over from last week.
- Last week has no bearing on what I’ll achieve this week.
- I trust that everything is always working out with my best interest in mind in the long run.
- I am headed in the right direction.
- I trust that my decisions are the right ones.
Like positive affirmations? Get them as cards!
A physical reminder of positive vibes is even more effective for helping you stay grounded! Grab this deck of 40 printable affirmation cards and bring your affirmations to life. Use them as journal prompts, stick ‘em on your mirror for an everyday reminder, or get creative and turn them into a vision board or collage on your wall!
Monday Morning Affirmations for Work
- I’ll be striving for progress, not perfection.
- Some days I won’t show up 100% and that is okay.
- I’m using this Monday as a learning opportunity to become a better me.
- I’ll launch into today with a priority of balanced productivity and rest.
- My work improves my life, but it doesn’t need to define who I am.
- Work is only one part of my life, not my whole life.
- I’m allowed to create a work life that inspires and motivates me.
- I’m an ambitious person.
- I am successful at what I do.
- Even if I’m not happy at what I do right now, it doesn’t have to be forever.
- If I’m not where I want to be right now, this is the stepping stone to get me to where I DO want to be.
- I attract success and abundance.
- My mindset is the biggest tool I have to aid in my success.
- I’ll focus on the things I can control and let go of what I can’t.
- I can get through any stressful situation.
- I’m worthy and valuable despite what I accomplish today.
- I will be easy with myself if I don’t get everything done today.
- My work will always be there tomorrow if I couldn’t get to it today.
- Every setback is only a learning opportunity, not a failure.
- My professional life will aid me in creating the personal life I want.
- I won’t feel guilty for making time for rest.
Powerful Monday Affirmations
- I believe in myself and my capabilities.
- I have the power to change my path if I choose.
- I’ll choose to seek out the good today.
- Every experience I have today supports my growth as a person in some way.
- My mind is open to all possibilities.
- I won’t be the one to hold myself back.
- I commit to maintaining or adding good habits to my week.
- I will make self care a priority, especially on days like Monday where I need it most.
- I’m grateful for the beautiful day ahead of me.
- I don’t have to do the things I’m doing today. I get to do the things I’m doing today.
- There is value in what I bring to the day today.
- I look forward to the new experiences this week will bring.
- I approach this week as a new gift.
- I am capable of maintaining my positive mindset throughout the week.
- It’s okay to have ups and downs.
- It’s possible for me to change my Monday mindset.
- I am leaning into my inner strength.
- I’m letting this start to my week empower me to do good things.
- I am grateful for all the beauty in my life that surrounds me.
- I am ready to move forward with strength.
- I always persevere no matter the challenge.
- I have limitless potential.
Psst…are Mondays a BIG struggle? Affirmations are useful for your mental health, but you’ll find the most benefit if you pair them with therapy. Talking to an online therapist can really help you out. It’s helped me tremendously! I always recommend Online Therapy because it’s a comprehensive, effective online therapy toolkit at an affordable monthly cost. Get 20% off your first month with the link below!
Why Use Affirmations on Mondays?
At the beginning of the week, you could probably use any little boost of motivation you can get! Feeling capable, confident, and prepared to tackle the week will help you cope so much better with the dreaded Mondays.
By practicing these Monday affirmations, you’re actively re-training your brain to choose positive self talk over negative. The more you say them, the more they become second-nature in your thought patterns, and the more you believe them.
As a result, you’ll feel like you totally got this. Instead of panicking or stressing over all the little things you don’t like about Mondays, you’ll know that you have your day under control and can come out on top! Make it a habit every Monday, and you’ve got yourself a good self care practice to kick the week off with.